Re: Open cursors in Forms 4.5

From: Jan Januska <J.Januska_at_sh.cvut.cz>
Date: 1998/04/01

Xabier Uriarte wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got the following error when executing my forms application:
> "PDE-PUP001 ORA-01000 maximum open cursors exceeded".
>
> By activating the "Statistics" option in the form, I have realized that
> even if I close a cursor in PL/SQL after having used it, it remains open
> in Forms. Each time I repeat this operation, Forms increases the number
> of simultaneous cursors used in the session.
>
> When I reach the OPEN_CURSORS value for my database I get the error, and
> here comes my question:
> Is there any way to avoid this error?
>
> I could increase the OPEN_CURSORS value for the database, but this would
> only delay the error.

We had the same problem. Our solution was:

Some forms had property "Cursor Mode" set to "Close". These forms caused increasing number of opened cursors (strange behavior - I don`t know why).
So we must set that property in all forms of application to value "Open".

That setting don't cause incrementing of opened cursor by reentering operation. But is important increase the OPEN_CURSORS to higher value (INIT.ORA) Received on Wed Apr 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message