Re: Reports 2.5 and running page totals

From: M. Boudreau <mboudreau_at_cyberus.ca.nojunkmail>
Date: 1998/04/01

D Morrow wrote:

> Using Reports 2.5:
> Does anyone know how to create a running page total on each page of a
> report?
> Example
> Page 1 Page 2 Page 3
> 1 2 3
> 1 2 3
> 1 3
> -------- ----------- --------
> 3 7 16 <====== running page total
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this??
>
> Thanks in advance

This is from memory, I don't have the manual in front of me.

    In the SQL create a summary field and place it outside of your main select query (available to the whole report) fill in the pop up menu using sum or count and select REPORT for the reset value.

    In the report layout select the margin area and place the summary field in the margin.

Hope this helps - If anyone have the manual handy maybe they can correct my procedure.

--
Mike Boudreau

(when replying remove 'NoJunkMail' from my e-mail address)