Re: SQLNet/ODBC security and encryption

From: Dean Mah <dmah_at_acs.ucalgary.ca>
Date: 1998/04/01

We haven't gone into production with our system yet but we have tested Oracle's Advanced Networking Option for SecurID access and data encryption and checksumming. In Canada, we are using DES40 or RSA40 for encryption and MD5 for checksumming. If you are in the US, you will be able to use stronger encryption.

Dean