Re: Which trigger do i use??

From: Arnold Schommer <aschommer_at_fs-edv.de>
Date: 1998/04/01

Savithri Devaraj wrote:

> We use Dev2000 Forms 4.5 for a project here.
> When i have entered all the data on the form, if I donot save them and
> try to navigate to another form using a Menu - I get a forms message "
> Do you want to save your changes?" In which trigger can i intercept
> this message?
> I have a lot of commit processing that needs to be done before the
> data
> can be saved to the database. But when this message comes, and the
> user
> picks "yes", it bypasses all integrity checking and saves the data to
> the database. I want to force the integrity checking before the data
> can be saved. I have so far tried
> On-commit
> post-forms-commit
> key-exit
> on-close
> On-message, etc.
> Either they are too late or they donot fire for this event. Any Dev
> 2000 gurus out there who have a clue??
>
> Thanks a lot in advance for your suggestions
> Savithri

I too have this problem and - up to now - no satisfying solution. My current attempt to solve it:
In any Trigger indicating that the user leaves the form i add something that checks wheter there are changes to be saved. This can be seen by testing the :SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS against the value 'CHANGED'. The relevant triggers seem to be key-exit (equivalent to the key ALT-F4 on Windows) and when-window-closed (Windows: Ctrl-F4). On-Close is something i do not know, post-forms-commit obviously is "too late" since prior to the default question of the runtime-system there is no commit-form. on-error and on-message fire on errors/messages which can then be handled e.g. to cause non-english messages.

There are two Problems:
1) I don't know how to perform a rollback without exit_form; there is no rollback_form.
2) If you use post, the form is no longer changed although there are changes not yet committed. I do not even know how to find out about this.

Maybe someone else can help us further ?

Arnold Schommer Received on Wed Apr 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message