Re: Open cursors in Forms 4.5

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1998/03/31

In article <3521230B.698A_at_robotiker.es>, Xabier Uriarte <xuriarte_at_robotiker.es> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've got the following error when executing my forms application:
>"PDE-PUP001 ORA-01000 maximum open cursors exceeded".
>
>By activating the "Statistics" option in the form, I have realized that
>even if I close a cursor in PL/SQL after having used it, it remains open
>in Forms. Each time I repeat this operation, Forms increases the number
>of simultaneous cursors used in the session.
>
>When I reach the OPEN_CURSORS value for my database I get the error, and
>here comes my question:
>Is there any way to avoid this error?
>
>I could increase the OPEN_CURSORS value for the database, but this would
>only delay the error.

Set the open_Cursors higher on the server. That is what most people have to do to run Forms. We set our value to 100, and have never encountered the problem again. It doesn't seem to delay the error--those cursors eventually get closed, so the 100 limit seems to work.

Good luck,
Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Tue Mar 31 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message