Open cursors in Forms 4.5

From: Xabier Uriarte <xuriarte_at_robotiker.es>
Date: 1998/03/31

Hello,

[Quoted] I've got the following error when executing my forms application: "PDE-PUP001 ORA-01000 maximum open cursors exceeded".

By activating the "Statistics" option in the form, I have realized that even if I close a cursor in PL/SQL after having used it, it remains open in Forms. Each time I repeat this operation, Forms increases the number of simultaneous cursors used in the session.

When I reach the OPEN_CURSORS value for my database I get the error, and here comes my question:
Is there any way to avoid this error?

I could increase the OPEN_CURSORS value for the database, but this would only delay the error. Received on Tue Mar 31 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message