Carriage return in a VARCHAR in PL/SQL

From: Spirit <Christophe.Calandreau_at_eleve.emn.fr>
Date: 1998/03/31

Hi,

[Quoted] I'm currently working on a project using Oracle 8 and more precisely PL/SQL under SQL* PLUS.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with an very annoying problem. I want put some query output (after some changes like explanations or commentaries) in a VARCHAR variable in a pretty style so that the result will be clear to the user. This VARCHAR will be sent by e-mail to the user at the end of the program.

In consequence, I'm searching since few days how to insert a carriage return in a VARCHAR.
It's possible in ASCII, it must be possible in PL/SQL, mustn't it? If you know how to do that or if it's impossible, please reply quickly.

Any hint will be highly appreciated.

Christophe Received on Tue Mar 31 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message