Re: Q Webserver 2.1: How to start with a CGI-script instead of index.html

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/03/31

A copy of this was sent to Gerhard.Moeller_at_OFFIS.Uni-Oldenburg.de (Gerhard Moeller)
(if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 31 Mar 1998 15:53:48 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I would like the WebServer 2.1 to start with a CGI-Script (PL/SQL)
>instead of the index.html. Is that possible at all?
>
>That is, a call to http://foo.bar/ should be resolved as
>http://foo.bar/virtual_path_to_my_pl-sql_owa/owa/some_package.some_procedure?some_parameter=some_value
>Up to now, I was not able to do that, as I have not been able to
>enable LiveHTML. (The Form "LiveHTML Cartridge Configuration" in the
>Web Listener Administration get always reset!)
>
>Thanks for any help, Gerhard.

Here is how to do it in UNIX (similar on NT but its in an index.cmd file)...

Your / directory would be set to CN (cgi-bin). You would create a script in there called index.html. It would contain something like:

#!/bin/sh

SCRIPT_NAME=/ows-bin/owa
PATH_TRANSLATED=/usr/oracle/oraweb/ows21/WebDocs/home/home_page.html PATH_INFO=/home_page.html

export PATH_TRANSLATED
export PATH_INFO
export SCRIPT_NAME

cd /usr/oracle/oraweb/ows21/bin
exec ./owa

You set SCRIPT_NAME to be your /DCDNAME/owa

You set PATH_TRANSLATED to some file (whatever, it won't matter)

You set PATH_INFO to the name of your procedure. I had a package called home_page with a procedure called html.

If you need to send inputs to it, you would set QUERY_STRING as well with the variables...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue Mar 31 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message