Oracle Tools - Which One(s)?

From: Mark Pardue <markpardue_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/03/31

As a newcomer to Oracle work, I am confused by the many different product offerings.

What I have to do is take an existing xbase database and put it on the web, providing several different web pages to do very customized searches. The web page development will probably be done in Java. The database will ultimately be hosted on a web server running Oracle 7 or 8, but during development I need a product to run on my desktop computer (Windows95 or WindowsNT) to allow me to translate/transfer the xbase data to new/modified Oracle tables via ODBC, and to test the web pages I am developing.

Do I need Personal Oracle, Oracle Lite, Oracle Power Objects Pro, Oracle Power Objects Client/Server, Oracle Database Designer, . . .

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Received on Tue Mar 31 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message