Re: using forms globals in multi form application

From: <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1998/03/31

In article <6fpsot$653$1_at_usenet87.supernews.com>,   "David" <finkelsd_at_redshift.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to use global values from one form in an application to another
> form. The forms are entered either by menu item or navigation button on
> another form. I'm setting the globals' values in post query and
> when-new-record triggers. I check the block item values for null in
> When-new-form-instance triggers and if they are null and there is an
> existing global value I set the block item value to the global value. I
> then fire off a query using the execute_query built-in.
>
> I'm not getting results when I come in from another screen. What am I doing
> wrong?

In your When-new-form-instance trigger, use Set_Block_Property(Default_Where,...) to use the globals and to set the where-clause of the block. Then go_block, then Execute_Query.

I don't think you can just put the values from the globals into the columns--the form thinks you are trying to insert a row into the table using those values.

HTH,
Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table.