Mapping Oracle Designer 2000 <--> Rational Rose?

From: Tim Hall <tim.hall_at_spam.begone>
Date: 1998/03/30

Hi,

[Quoted] I have used Oracle Designer 2000 and it's predecessors for many years. But now the powers-that-be have decided that Rational Rose is to be our strategic Case tool, probably due to it's better compatibility with our current front-end development software (Powerbuilder)

So I'm trying to port the contents of a large Designer 2000 respository into a Rose model. Now I've managed to get my head round Rose Script enough to be able to physically import stuff, I need a bit of help as to the most sensible mapping. In particular:

  • Should I port across both the table schema and the logical entity model? If so, how do I represent the entity-table implementation? Is it an association or a dependancy?
  • What about domains? I have used these extensively in the Des2k respository: Do they become scalar classes? Or what?
  • Or should I pick a fight with the powers-that-be and try and get them to use the forthcoming Oracle Object Modeller instead?

Thanks in advance,
- Tim

Tim Hall, Indus International (was TSW International) tim.hall (at) iint.com
http://www.indusworld.com

Replace domain name with the iint.com before replying via email! Received on Mon Mar 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message