Re: Adding widgets to Oracle Forms dynamically

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/03/29

>Has anyone tried to add widgets to Oracle Forms at run time? And reports too
>for that matter.
>
>We want to be able to have dynamic data entry screens. For person 1 we may
>want
>to ask 5 questions. For person 2 we want to ask 5 questions. However, of the
>5
>questions 3 are the same for both people but the other 2 are specific. I
>really
>do not want to have a seperate screen for each set of different questions.
>
>I know I can create multiple canvases and display the canvas with the desired
>
>questions on it. This would be fine for a few different sets of questions. I
>have not benchmarked this but I would guess any more than 10 would begin to
>get
>cumbersome. Due to both size and complexity.
>
>Thank you,
>Bob Six
>rsix_at_scgp.com

Lay out the screen with all items. Use the SET_ITEM_PROPERTY function, setting the 'DISPLAYED' attribute to PROPERTY_FALSE dynamically, based on what ever criteria you need. If yuo want to get clever, use the POSITION attribute to position them also. (There are some subtleties to setting an item's DISPLAYed attribute, primarily that to re-displayed it you need to set DISPLAY to PROPERTY_TRUE, but you need to also set ENABLED to PROPERTY_TRUE. This is all documented in the help file).

Dan Received on Sun Mar 29 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message