Re: Conversion 3.0 forms to 4.5

From: <abhijit_jadeja_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/03/29

Forms conversion can be done in following ways;

1. form 3.0 to forms 4.5 character mode
2. form 3.0 to forms 4.5 graphical mode with no mouse navigation
3. form 3.0 to forms 4.5 graphical mode with mouse navigation

first two are simple.
In case 3 the problems are:
1. in form 3.0 there was no mouse navigation, so developers used to write a lot on key-nextfield trigger, which was infact enter key or tab key. And forms allowed to use restricted procedures in these triggers, so developers tend to write navigation commands like go_item,go_block in these triggers.

With mouse navigation, user can navigate to any field without pressing key-nextfield which becomes key-next-item in forms 4.5. So you need to trace these fields and convert key-nextfield logic into other triggers.

You'll learn about those if you'll convert a dozen.

Best of luck.