Des/2000 and WebServer Generator

From: Sameer Pattni <spattni_at_netcomuk.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/28

Hi,

Can someone help me.

I'm currently using Des/2000 to generate Oracle Web Forms. These are not in the form of applets but HTML Forms with javascript. I'm using the Module Diagrammer to create my web application but can't figure out how to do the following without hacking the PL/SQL packages generated.

  • display more than a single record in a view I can display mutliple records using the record list, is this the only way via Des/2000?
  • display data from multiple tables on a single page (linked by an foreign key). eg

I want to customise a page to display the following via Des/2000.

Employee ID :     11111 (from employee table)
Department  :      Accounts (from deps table)
Department Loc : London (from deps table) Employee Name : John Smith (from employee table) Emplotee Skills : Java, Oracle, MS Tools (from employee skills table)

At the moment the generated forms give me :

Select Department from a Record List

Page .1.
View of the selected Department
Record List for employees in that department Add New Employee

Page .2.
View of selected employee
Record List for the employee's skills
Add New Employee Skill

I also wanted to know if I can display different information from tables in a insert form.

eg Insert form to enter new employee skills for selected employee

Department: Accounts
Employee : John Smith
Current Skills : Oracle, Java, MS Tools (multple entries in database)

New Skill : (inset here)

  • is it also possible to format the data as is displayed above?
  • I also want to know how I can create a link to a Oracle Report from a web page. (Oracle Report is not a web report)
  • someone suggested I create oracle forms before generating my web application. is this the best approach?

I'm currently using Des/2000 release 1.3. Someone please help.

Thanks
Sam Received on Sat Mar 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message