Using username and database in F4.5 Runform shortcut.

From: Mike Guerrero <mguerrer_at_mail.sdsu.edu>
Date: 1998/03/27

[Quoted] We are running Forms 4.5 on W95 clients. We have setup a shortcut to the runform executable. In the properties for the shortcut we have included the following connect information:

        userid=scott/tiger_at_mydb

This works fine. Does anyone know if there is a way to include only the username and database name in the shortcut and have those 2 items display on the connect screen so that the user only has to enter their password?

I have tried various combinations but all bring up blanks in the username,password and database boxes. How can I get the connect screen to bring up only the username and database values that I set in the shortcut? Is there another way? For example, when I use Des2K the connect screen always shows my username and database. All I have to enter is the password. Where does Des2K get this info?

Thanks. Received on Fri Mar 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message