Re: p2k.exe Programmer2000 Trial

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/27

In article <351CE1DF.3DE3A13E_at_lla.sema.se>, Anders Gunnare <anders.gunnare_at_lla.sema.se> writes
>Hello,
>
>I have downloaded a trial version of Programmer2000 which is named
>p2k.exe
>
>UnZipSFX 5.20 of 30 April 1996, by Info-ZIP (Zip-Bugs_at_wkuvx1.wku.edu).
> End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
>
> a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
>
> latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
>
> the last disk(s) of this archive.
>
>I have tried to download it again, but I get the same result...
>
>What is wrong ???

Did you specify binary mode when you did the download?

The default is usually ASCII which results in linefeeds (0x0a) being replaced with carriage return - line feed paris (0x0d,0x0a). In a binary file such as a self extracting executable this is fatal.

BTW. The comments for Programmer2000 on the web site says it contains "all other client products" or something like that. When you get your file uncompressed I would appreciate a not on what is actually contained. Does it mean SQL*Net or more than that?

--
Jim Smith