Forms 4.5 'OPEN QUERIES'

From: Darren Palmer <D.R.Palmer_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1998/03/27

[Quoted] Dear all,

[Quoted] I have a form with a single block with a number of items on it.

I want to stop the user executing a query with all fields blank.

The way I currently do it is to check that all the fields are NOT NULL in the pre query trigger. Although this works it strikes me as messy.

Also for numeric fields if the user types >100 (to retrieve all records greater than 100)the pre query triggers raises a value error because the NOT NULL check expects the item to be a numeric and at that point it isn't. It is messy isn't it.

Maybe there is a way to query the block's where clause just before it is submitted and if it is NULL then bounce it. I have tried this but the block's where clause is always NULL.

Thanks in advance

Darren Received on Fri Mar 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message