Re: Convert query output to MS Excel

From: A. J. Narvaez <nnn_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1998/03/27

[Quoted] I don't know of any product that will do exactly what you need. An alternate solution might be to produce a formatted text file in csv (comma seperated) format. or some other well known format.

If you have the spec for the Excel file format you could always write a program/script to generate that format, but aside from formatting you'd have to contend with endian problems when converting non-ascii fields.

Perhaps some reporting software like SQR supports the data format you need?

Or else there may be some software to generate RTF files. Its worth seeing if there are any Perl modules that will generate Word or Excel format. If so then along with module, use Sybperl to create a script that should satisfy your needs.

-Arthur

Alexey Pushkin <A.Pushkin_at_mitsunari.matfys.lth.se> wrote in article <351A71FA.231EFBC1_at_mitsunari.matfys.lth.se>...