Problem getting SQL*Net to work with Forms 5.0.5.4.0

From: Creative Business Advisers <health_at_mtolympus.ari.net>
Date: 1998/03/25

I enter username, password, and database on the connect dialog box for Oracle Forms 5.0.5.4.0 (Developer/2000 Form Builder for WIndows 95/NT) and I get the error message

ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve service name

SQL*PLUS 8.0 connects perfectly when I run that and I can connect to our Unix box from my Windows NT 4.0 box without any problem.

Question:

Why does Forms choke on connecting to my Unix box via SQL*Net and SQL*PLUS connects without any problem?

I had Oracle 7 client tools on the NT box before, but since SQL*PLUS 8.0 works ok, I don't THINK there is any problem with upgrading the client on NT from Oracle 7 to Oracle 8.

  • Mike