Re: Forms 5.0 - "Smart" classes?

From: Adrian Klingel <klingela_at_nospamnt.com>
Date: 1998/03/24

Thanks for your input, Joe. My question now is, how do I create a make an object from one of my canvases into a smartclass? If I create the object in the Layout Editor as opposed to the Object Navigator, then the canvas property will automatically be populated with the name of the canvas I draw the object on. Therefore, that property will have been changed. This way, I've got to copy the necessary properties from that object and paste them into a new item that I create in the Object Navigator, where it will be independent of canvas. That seems like a lot of work.
I see what you mean about the changes though. What I'm trying to do is make a standard object set (text and list items) which will appear in the same physical location on several different canvases. What I initially did was draw them how I wanted them to appear, then went into the Object Navigator and nulled out the canvas and tab properties. I see now that the fact that I placed them on a canvas in the first place invalidated them to become the kind of smartclasses I wanted.

Adrian