Re: Check duplicate key in Forms 4.5

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1998/03/24

You could create a cursor to test data_found in a block pre insert trigger or when validate item and record status is insert.

layman_at_poboxes.com wrote:
: Dear all,

: We are using Forms 4.5 and there is multi-record base block in
: one of
: our forms. Our users ocassionaly entered duplicate values in this block
: and the server error message will ONLY pop-up when the form is posted,

: Is there anyway to check PK uniqueness in multi-record block so as to
: alter user and stop him from further navigation.

: Your useful input is highly appreciated.

: Regards,
: Kevin

--
While DSC may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
DSC does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when you