Re: Tabs: Use Forms 4.5 or upgrade to 5.0?

From: Joe Strano <jstrano_at_dulcian.com>
Date: 1998/03/23

Tabs in 5.0 are native and very easy to use. They even work while in Design mode.

Implementing tabs in Forms 4.5 is not difficult, if you create them yourself. Oracle includes sample tabs in their demos package. All we use from this is the outline. We then create a text item and place it in the "tab", and attach a When-Mouse-Click trigger to it that shows the proper stacked canvas. You've now implemented tabs.

If all you have is one application started, then I would suggest using 5.0. If you have an entire application system developed, then it would be easier and quicker to continue in 4.5.

--
Joe Strano
Dulcian, Inc.