Charter: Comp.databases.oracle.tools

From: <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1998/03/23

In article <01bd5474$98b3c660$159cbace_at_default>,   "TH" <tharris_at_iosphere.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Are there some guidelines on the use of this newsgroup? -- If so, could you
> please send it to me at tharris_at_iosphere.net.

Here you go:

Comp.databases.oracle.tools CHARTER
NEWSGROUP CHARTER: Comp.databases.oracle.tools Newsgroup line: Oracle software tools/applications.

Comp.databases.oracle.tools is a news group provided for discussion of software applications and tools available from Oracle Corporation, or designed to work with Oracle applications. Developers of end-user applications will find this newsgroup most useful.

This group includes but is not limited to articles discussing applications and topics such as the following:

    Oracle Developer 2000 (Forms, Reports, Graphics)     Designer 2000
    The SQL Language, SQL Plus, PL/SQL
    Training and books

Due to the wide variety of applications which are discussed in this group, each article title should begin with the application it involves (examples: Forms4.5: Reports2.5: SQL/Plus: etc.) Do not use general titles such as "A simple question".

For discussions of tools and applications designed for use by database administrators, use the comp.databases.oracle.server newsgroup, and not the .tools group.

Cross-posting articles to multiple comp.databases.oracle.* newsgroups should be avoided. If there is any question as to which group should be used, post to comp.databases.oracle.misc. While some news servers deliver a cross-posted article to the reader only once, many others deliver the article an additional time for each group the reader accesses.

Related newsgroups:

Comp.databases.oracle.server
                         Oracle database administration/server topics.
Comp.databases.oracle.misc         Oracle related topics.
Comp.databases.oracle.marketplace Oracle-related jobs, etc.