Re: Oracle Lite and JDBC, Oracle Lite Designer

From: Wayne Kovsky <wkovsky_at_softwaresummit.com>
Date: 1998/03/22

Kay Schulz (The Bumpui) wrote:

> Hi
> did anyone out there got the Oracle Lite Designer to work?
> I get a short dos window which then immediately disappears.
> And I can't connect from my JDCB/ODBC Java program to
> the POLite demo database.
> Did anyone manages that? I could then give more information
> on the URL and driver.
> Thanks
> Please mail
>
> Kay Schulz
> kay_at_ciemed.nus.edu.sg

Yes; if I remember correctly, the batch file that starts Oracle Lite Designer
(\OraNT\LITE\DESIGNER\RUNDES.BAT) had several errors, but I can't remember exactly what they were. Hmmm, I think perhaps the "OLDES.JAR" file was omitted. In any case, here are the contents of my modified batch file:

    java -classpath
.\OLDES.JAR;.\SWING.JAR;.\JLF.JAR;.\MOTIF.JAR;%CLASSPATH% %1 and here is the "Target:" of my "Oracle Lite Designer Properties":

    E:\OraNT\LITE\DESIGNER\RUNDES.BAT oldes

I think I recall that the "oldes" parameter might also have been left off
during the installation. If this still doesn't get you going, try navigating to
the directory and run the batch file from there rather than from the icon;
that way you can see any error messages (which is how I fixed it on my system).

Hope this helps!

--
Wayne Kovsky <wkovsky_at_SoftwareSummit.com>
Colorado Software Summit (A Java Programming Conference)