Checking in SQL loader?

From: Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: 1998/03/21

Hello all,

        I want to use SQL loader to load data to Oracle. However, I want to do some checking before loading the records. For example, if the data file contains data as:

2, Peter, Manger
3, John, Porgrammer
4, Stephen, Analyst Programmer

The first field is department ID, second is staff name and third is staff position.

Before loading the records to the table, I want to check whether departmenet ID is exist in another table, department (department_id). If such ID exists, load the record. Otherwise, this record cannot be loaded. Can SQL loader do this checking?

Thanks,
Jimmy Received on Sat Mar 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message