ALTER TABLESPACE SYSTEM RENAME DATAFILE ... ??

From: Luis Moreno Campos <lcampos_at_cpcis.pt>
Date: 1998/03/20

[Quoted] I have way too much space in my 2 tablespace system datafile SYS1SID.ORA and SYS2SID.ORA, and I want to move them from drive C to drive D - I've done it with other tablespaces. Mine is a Win95 PC running both Developer and Designer on a Personal Oracle database 7.3.3 (I also have Discoverer admin edition).
I've read all Oracle documentation on ALTER TABLESPACE and ALTER DATABASE and it seems to me that those say it is impossible to move the system tablespace datafiles.

But my humble years of experience taught me one thing: There are very few things impossible on Oracle, or have I found one?

Thanks a lot. Please email me at lcampos_at_fuck.junk.mail substitute the domain name (fuck.junk.mail) by (cpcis.pt) and you'll get my real email address.

Thanks in advance.

Luis Campos. Received on Fri Mar 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message