DATABASE RECOVERY

From: (wrong string) Êîâàë¸â Âëàäèñëàâ <kovalev_at_cbr.koenig.su>
Date: 1998/03/20

 Hello DBA PROFI!

I need idea how I can recover my database (DB). DB work in ARCHIVELOG MODE.
I have (see pict):

- 3 day ago full DB (point 3)
- Today control & redo-log files (point 0)
- archive redo-log files (from point 3 to 0)
- main schems export (point 1)

I must recover DB to point 0 (today).
I do:
sqldba>startup mount
sqldba>alter database recover automatic;  and everything is good, but first part of archive redo-logs  (about 700 files) was damage. In the upshot database can't  make recovery procedure & therefore I make recovery by my export file  to point 1. In result one work day have lost.
                                          (now)
  3            2           1             0
  *----------*----------*-----------*
all db                             con & rdo
files                                  files
             recovery

 (damage arc
  redo-logs)

If anybody really know what can I do, send message to my E-mail kira_at_cbr.koenig.su.

Oracle DBA,
Lojfman Kirill Received on Fri Mar 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message