Re: Memory for HP-UX11.0 & Oracler8.0.3

From: Marcus Thiessel <marcus_thiessel_at_hp.com>
Date: 1998/03/20

 --------------------------^^^^^^^^^^

> >> enormous amount.

I read to install which refers to the minimum amount of memory (adviced by vendor).

> If the question here is only to load HP-UX 11.00 then it will work even with
> 64MB RAM, but, as Mark Carroll says he has a workstation, I doubt with 64 MB
> what kind of work he can do. Anyhow for analysing the situation and make
> further suggestions we need to know the model of the workstation as well as
> the application, whether it is only a drafting system or is it some times

If you ask me how much memory I want in box I would tend to largest possible amount supported on this machine (not OS). I main memory is concerned you never can have enough -- or why do all vendors increase those limits constantly??

--Marcus Received on Fri Mar 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message