Deploying forms4.5 advice required.

From: J M Whitehead <J.M.Whitehead_at_sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: 1998/03/19

Hi,

I'm sure this must be a common problem other people have come across and hope that somebody out there can point me in the right direction.

We are in the middle of developing a form4.5 based application and are having some [Quoted] difficulty formulating a way of deploying the applications to users.

What we need are three distinct setups:

a development setup
a demonstration/testing environment
a live/production environment

Currently we just have a development environment set up for out forms 4.5 work but urgently need to set up a method to allow user to run forms against a demo database instance and a live database instance.

[Quoted] Unfortunately we've encountered problems with setting up paths for the executable so only demo forms can be run against the demo database and live form against the live database and not viceversa which would cause massive problems.

We don't really want to hard code paths into the applications since we'd like them to be as portable as possible.

Has anybody encountered this scenerio already and how did you implement a solution.

Any help/advice gratefully received

Jon.

j.m.whitehead_at_sheffield.ac.uk Received on Thu Mar 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message