PL-SQL Web Toolkit - Problem with HTP.Prints

From: <gundugollu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/03/19

Hi
I am using the HTP package, I want the following result on my web page

Field1: value1 Field2: value2

The script in my procedure looks like this:

    htp.bold(field1);
    if (value1 is null) or length(value1) < 1 then

        htp.prints(' ');
    else

        htp.prints(' ' || value1);
    end if;

    htp.bold(field2);
    if (value2 is null) or length(value2) < 1 then

        htp.prints(' ');
    else

        htp.prints(' ' || value2);
    end if;

My problem, when the value for the field1, i.e. value1 is null or empty I want a blank space before the "Field2" is printed, but I end up getting something like

Field1:Field2: value2

I think the htp.Prints is automatically trimming the string before it prints out. Any suggestions or tips.
(The only get around I have now is to place some hyphens which isn't good enough)

TIA Anil G