Re: use_ism error on Solaris 2.6

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1998/03/19

In article <6ershd$1bj_at_nnrp4.farm.idt.net>, David Freitag <dovidf_at_net2phone.com> wrote:
>What is the impact or usage of use_ism (related to shared memory) for
>Oracle. Right now it fails for us on Solaris 2.6.

I had to set it to false in my init.ora, otherwise I couldn't get any but the smallest SGA open on db startup.

I thought it was conflicting with Veritas, but don't really know and would like to know.

Please don't crosspost between oracle newsgroups.

--
[Quoted] These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
jgarry_at_eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com