How to synchronize two tables using update triggers?

From: Yanhua Lu <chang-lu_at_pacbell.net>
Date: 1998/03/19

[Quoted] Hi there,

[Quoted] I ran into the problem of synchronizing two tables, say table A and table B using update triggers. What I hope to see is once a row in table A is updated, the correspdoning row in table B is updated right away to reflect the change, and vice versa. My first thought was to implement an AFTER update row trigger on both tables, but I realize afterwards that it will end up with recursive loop, i.e. table A trigger fires table B trigger which fires table A trigger again... Does anybody happens to know any work around with this problem, or you have better way to synchronize two tables without using triggers?

Thanks a lot in advance.

  • Lu :)