Re: Calling Database Function from FORMS

From: Dennis Wetherell <dwether_at_mail.arco.com>
Date: 1998/03/19

I use Oracle 7.3.3.X on AIX 4.1.5 with Forms 4.5 on NT 4.0.

Calling a user defined function using in line SQL in forms or returning parameters to forms from a stored procedure or function works just fine in my environment. The main requirement is that you have to create a public synonym for your procedure or function on the server. Oracle forms is still a little backward and does not support the schema.package.proc_name syntax.

Good luck.

> > Eric Cooper wrote:
> >
> > > I have a function defined in my database schema that takes two dates
 as
> > > parameters. I want to call this function from FORMS 4.5, but when I
 try
> > > to compile I get an error stating that the function can not be used
 in
> > > SQL. I'd rather not have the function in both the database and the
> > > application as it will make maintenance more difficult. Is there a
 way
> > > to call a database function from FORMS???
> > >
> > > TIA
> > > Ed Jennings
> > >
> > > --
> > > The opinions expressed here are my own, not those of Domain
 Technologies