HELP: Problem compiling oraperl

From: <mikel777_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/03/18

[Quoted] I recently installed Perl on my Sun (Solaris) box and am now trying to install oraperl.

Part of the Readme for oraperl states to set the SRC variable in the Makefile to the Perl source directory. It notes that it will be looking for both config.sh and uperl.o in this directory.

The directory I un-tar'ed Perl into is /----/utils/perl5.004_04. This directory contains the config.sh, but I do not have a uperl.o (or any other uperl) in this directory, therefore, I am not able to install oraperl.

Please tell me what uperl is, where I can get it, and how I was able to install a working copy of Perl without this file being in my Perl source directory.

[Quoted] Thanks for your help...Michael

compile line from makefile:
oraperl: $(SRC)/uperl.o $(OOBJS)

	$(CC) -o oraperl $(SRC)/uperl.o $(OOBJS)	\
	      -lm $(ALL_ORA_LIBS) $(LIBS)

error message I receive:
make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target '/----/utils/perl5.004_04/uperl.o'

Oraperl is in /----/utils/oraperl-v2.4 Received on Wed Mar 18 1998 - 00:00:00 CET