Forms 5.0 blocks

From: Frank W Phillips JR <FWP_at_vpha.ufl.edu>
Date: 1998/03/17

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am attempting to create a canvas that contains two blocks. The problem, block 1 is a control block; block 2 is a detail block based on the results of a pick list in block 1. I can not create a master/detail relationship. I do not wish to make block 1 a database block. Is it possible to populate the ā€œdetailā€ block based on a control item from another block? If so, how?

I want to keep block 1 a control block so no new records can be inserted and existing record are not updated. I also want to avoid fighting modes; I donā€™t want the user to have to enter query mode to select the detail block to work on. The control block is a set of pick list that brings them to a small set of detail records. Thanks for the helpā€¦ Received on Tue Mar 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message