Re: Help with error message

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au.no_junk_today_thanks>
Date: 1998/03/17

Dwarak,

Put quotes around the alert name, ie.
Show_alert('alert6');

Names of objects used by Forms built-ins are always of type CHAR.

For some reason this sort of fundamental syntax error often produces a cryptic error message.
In fact, I have generally found that if the message is incomprehensible, look for a simple solution.

dwarakv_at_hotmail.com wrote in article <6ejo07$fol$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> Hi,
> I am trying to create a form with a push button which calls an alert.
> The code that I have written is just
>
> Show_alert(alert6);
>
> When I try to compile, I get the following error message
>
> Error 221 at line1, column 3
> Message 221 not found;No message file for product=forms,
 facility=PCM;