Re: Calling REPORT (with PL/SQL) from FORM4.5

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/03/17

>I am using RUN_PRODUCT in Form 4.5 to call a REPORT which contains some
>PL/SQL. For security reason, the ORACLE account has no any privilege on db
>table unless it is granted a pre-defined role to access the tables, so that
>one cannot access the db through SQL*PLUS with this account.
>
>When run a Form, the program first grant a role to this account so that the
>current session has access to tables. User presses a "View" button to call
>the
>report. The system then makes the second connection to the db using the same
>account. The problem is that an error occurs before enabling the role for the
>
>account because there are PL/SQLs in the report. This is ok for reports
>without PL/SQL.
>
>Is there any suggestion to avoid the above problem. e.g. any configuration
>parameter can be set?
>

>Eric

We have the same situation - calling a report that needs to have roles set before it reports anything. What we do is in the BEFORE-PARAMETER-FORM trigger, set the appropriate roles. We have lots of PL/SQL in the report, and all works fine. We also only give the users the RPT version of the form, generated by a user with default access to the tables. The users do not get run the REP version.

Hope this gets you going on the right track

Dan Received on Tue Mar 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message