Re: Oracle power objects

From: Dan <blkmiata_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/03/17

If you go with OPO, opt for version 2.0 or later. The good thing about Power Objects is if you know general BASIC, you should not have any problems, so its pretty easy to use. Its also very easy to deploy on the web.

Keep in mind that it is not more than a database application development tool as opposed to a programming tool. I think you can make Windows API calls though.

My only gripe was that it didn't capitalize reserved words, autospace, etc. Its also expensive-- about $1200 for the professional edition.

For ease of use and simple database applications, Power Objects is fine.