Re: Archaic Table Names. Frowned upon Synonyms

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1998/03/15

It's tough when you are the "new kid on the block" trying to get a large or well established organization to change its ways. I can understand your frustration with cryptic table names, but I can also understand the difficulty a whole new set of names would cause for everyone working with the software.

A good compromise would be to create synonyms that include the original table name. For examples: TPF47_EMP_ADDRESS and PFM16_CUST_ORDERS Steve Cosner