Re: A NewBee Question..

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1998/03/14

Hi Bhavesh,

According to Oracle V$ tables are:

	"Dynamic Performance Tables
	The system performance tables are accessible by the user SYS"

They contain information about the current instance since it was started.

If you want you certainly can create a table with name starting with V$, but
unless you are the only person using the data base this is a bad idea since
those familiar with Oracle on seeing a table name starting with V$ would, quite
naturally assume that it was an Oracle Dynamic Performance Table.

These tables are significant in that they provide a means of determining what
Oracle is doing and how well it is doing it.

Regards

Jerry

--
Jerry Gitomer		Since I know how to spell DBA I became one.
jgitomer_at_p3.net