Canvas Layout in Forms 4.5

From: <dave_at_potts-mullarkey.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/13

[Quoted] As a newcomer to Oracle Forms 4.5 I seem to be having problems which neither manuals nor on line help can answer!

My latest one is laying out blocks so they are centred on the canvas and look generally well designed.
I worked out that to do this I needed to centre objects on the canvas having selected the canvas as one of the objects. Using this technique, combined with the building up of other blocks into groups for alignment purposes, enabled me to create 'balanced' screen displays. I then decided to try using a vertical toolbar, which resulted in all my layout being shifted to the right!!
The layout that is centred on the canvas will not display in the centre because of the appearance of the toolbar. Am I missing something obvious?
Is there a way of achieving what I want without having to manually adjust everything again in Layout Editor? (i.e. moving it off centre to the left to offset the movement caused by the toolbar) Has anyone any general tips for producing well laid out screen designs?

Thanks in advance for your continuing assistance

Dave