D/2K--How to trap the dialog?

From: Robert Hoy <hoy_at_solaria.hac.com>
Date: 1998/03/13

Is it possible to trap the dialog ("Do you want to save the changes you have made?" -- three buttons Yes, No and Cancel)?? If so, how is it being done in Developer/2000? I have the version 2.0 of D/2K.

Basically, I have a button that does the entry and execute the query. In this situation, the :system.form_status returns the incorrect status when there is a change in one of the item fields. It returns the correct status only if I made at least two changes in any two item fields. If I changed the button's propertries (Mouse Navigate to Yes), then the :system.form_status will return the correct status--but it made the button useless becuz the "function can not be performed".

What I'm trying to do is when the person query the db and there have been changes in at least one item field, I wanted the D/2K to take over and use a different method of saving the data. I don't want the user to see the standard save dialog (see above).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

-Robert

Robert Hoy

"You are erratic, conflicted, disorganized...You lack harmony, cohesion, greatness. It will be your undoing." said the arrogant Borg Seven of Nine on Star Trek Voyager. Received on Fri Mar 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message