Re: Oracle is painfully slow when doing massive INSERTs

From: Morten Myrvold <someone_at_somwehere.no>
Date: 1998/03/12

Mike Lacey wrote in message <6e8gaf$ql_at_wind.cargill.com>...
>Morten,
>
>We use OO402 as well - and it's a good tool - but it's not what I would
>choose to bulk load a database. Seems to me you're getting very good
>performance (27 records per second) out of a client / server app.

Is this really considered good response?

>Have you considered using SQL Loader to insert the records?

Yes, that has been up for discussion, but because of our database containing several LONG fields (and the fact that SQL*Loader doesn't seem to handle this), we dropped that implementation... Received on Thu Mar 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message