Help using Loader

From: <sgershik_at_handsnet.org>
Date: 1998/03/12

A total newbie to Oracle, I've been given the task of taking a tab delimited list of contacts and loading them into a new Oracle database. I'm trying to modify the ulcase5.ctl file in the loader.

What I'm trying to do is break the file into two tables. The first table has just the customer name and a unique number. The second table contains the contact information for the customer. Where I'm totally stuck is in how to associate the contact information with the unique customer.

Any ideas/suggestions/pointers would be graciously appreciated.

  • Steve