Re: Oracle is painfully slow when doing massive INSERTs

From: John Coy <jcoy_at_??shizz.net>
Date: 1998/03/11

[Quoted] [Quoted] On Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:00:17 +0100, "Morten Myrvold" <someone_at_somwehere.no> wrote:

>It seems to me that it all boils down to one thing: Oracle's just plain
>painfully slow on massive INSERT's....

Just kind of a followup to this, I've also noticed that on Oracle 7.3 the import utility is painfully slow as well. I can export data quite speedily, but when I use the import utility, it takes *hours* to import data that only took a few minutes to export.

Is this normal? Received on Wed Mar 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message