Re: ??Glob.Variable used in query for datablock??

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au.no_junk_today_thanks>
Date: 1998/03/11

Dorine,

> When referencing the global variable in the default where clause the
 actual
> value of the global variable appears, but it is enclosed with
 'single-quotes'.
> Under GLOBAL Variables in the debugger, the values were correct (ex.
 NumPieces
> was correct as was < and 500) Upon going into Debugger/SYSTEM
 Variables/LAST
> Query...the concatenation was as follows:
> 'NumPieces < 500' (we want ... NumPieces < 500 without the
 quotes!)

> This is what we want for the global variable to use in the default where
> clause. However, it would not work because of the single quotes.

[Quoted] Are you sure this is the cause of the problem? The information you provide is scant, but at a guess the problem is more likely to be that the value of the global must be concatenated with the rest of the string, ie.
your_where_clause := NumPieces || ' < 500'; Set_Block_Property(Your_Block,

                   DEFAULT_WHERE,
                   your_where_clause);

OR perhaps directly:
Set_Block_Property(Your_Block,