Re: VB - ODBC - PL/SQL TABLES?

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_XXnospamXX.toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/11

Ed Bradt wrote in message <3506A7D8.FB4_at_lilly.com>...
>Can VB through ODBC handle PL/SQL tables as parameters (in or out) for
>calls to stored procedures.

I would be very suprised if it could (multi-column tables, I guess we are talking about here?). I've only seen the prior PL/SQL 2.3 *single column PL/SQL tables* demonstrated with VB, even in MS DAO (see the DAO Tech. Notes on Microsoft's Web site for an example with Oracle stored procedures and resultsets from stored procedures). Still, if you find out different...

Does the same limitation exist as with host
>language interfaces (Pro*C etc.) that only '1-dimensional' tables can be
>mapped to host arrays not tables of records?

Er, see above. Also, I belive the 'record of records' approach is supported in Pro*C with Oracle 8. No, I haven't tried it yet! :-)

>Thanks in advance
>Ed Bradt

Steve Phelan. Received on Wed Mar 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message