Re: Oracle DB Downsizing

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_XXnospamXX.toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/11

Do NOT use the COMPRESS option if the databases was designed correctly with appropriate storage parameters. This is especially true if it uses stripes or partitioning. Check out the Oracle White Papers on space management or attend an Oracle conference for more information on space management.

Steve Phelan.