Re: help with triggers

From: ALEX J JENTILUCCI <AlexJent_at_prodigy.net>
Date: 1998/03/11

Hi Laurent,

    Yes you can, but you cannot do it in a row level trigger. You must do it in a statement level trigger. Otherwise you will get the dreaded "Mutating trigger" error....

What I have done is; in row level trigger on the main table I would write the pertinent data to a temp table.

Then in the statement level trigger (which fires after all row levels have completed) I read from the temp table and insert/update/delete as necessary from the main table ( the one caused the row level trigger to fire).

Hope this is clear enough to help.

Alex