Re: Naming Convention for Columns

From: David Williams <djw_at_smooth1.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/10

In article <6e2mq3$loa$1_at_hermes.is.co.za>, Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> writes
>Jim wrote in message <6e0rmf$1216$1_at_ausnews.austin.ibm.com>...
>> My .02 is is to make columns all uppercase. No underscores.
>> No confusion. Never.
>
>I use numbers, first column is C1, second column C2 etc. Tables are T1, T2,
>.. and stored proc are of course P1, P2 and so on. It confuses the hell out
>of the users, scares the shit out of the developers, cause IS managers to
>resign and -nobody- messes with any of my databases.
>
>One DBA, one leadpipe!

  Next to him one programmer, one shotgun, one bottle of Jack   Daniels...

>a Scorched Earth Party supporter,
>Billy
>--
>Earth First! We will stripmine the other planets later.

  Well we are working inwards which is why Uranus is already so   bare...

  PS Touch Pluto (where I'm from - the ice planet) and you'll   end up ****ing goofy!

--
David Williams

Maintainer of the Informix FAQ
 Primary site (Beta Version)  http://www.smooth1.demon.co.uk
 Official site                http://www.iiug.org/techinfo/faq/faq_top.html

I see you standin', Standin' on your own, It's such a lonely place for you, For
you to be If you need a shoulder, Or if you need a friend, I'll be here
standing, Until the bitter end...
So don't chastise me Or think I, I mean you harm...
All I ever wanted Was for you To know that I care